2 Years Course
SLRTCL has taken the initiative of commencing the LL.M. course, a post-graduate law course. This course has been started with a view to impart in-depth knowledge to students and specialize in multiple legal sub-streams thus enabling them to become great professionals in the field of law and legal affairs of the country. Although the duration of this course is 2 years, it may vary from institute to institute. Few institutes do offer a 1-year course too. The completion of this course attracts many career opportunities in various sectors like Legal Consultants, Legal Writers, Legal Advisors, Solicitors, and Lawyers. Etc.
Please fill out the form and we will get back to you shortly.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission To A 2 Years Law Course -
- If you have completed and passed an LL.B. degree course from Mumbai University, you may apply for the LL.M. course.
- Candidates from outside Mumbai University who have completed and passed an LL.B. degree and wish to apply for admission to SLRTCL for LL.M. should be aware that they are required to obtain the Provisional Statement of Eligibility Certificate from the eligibility section.
- The admission shall depend on your merit at the LL.M. entrance exams as well as the marks secured at the LL.B. degree.
- SLRTCL is a Hindi Linguistic Minority Institute, wherein fifty-one percent of seats are reserved for candidates of Hindi Linguistic Minority, domiciled in the State of Maharashtra.
Highlights Of The Course
A master’s degree opens a wide range of opportunities in one’s life. In order to move in the direction, you wish to go, it is very important to obtain proper competencies. Postgraduate law is a great way to obtain the same. It helps improve one’s personal and professional life. There are various complexities growing in the legal world. Preferences are given to those who stand out from an ever-large frame of professionals.
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in the stream of law with minimum aggregate as per SLRTCL’s requirement.|
|Entrance Tests||CLAT, AILET, LSAT India, MH CET Law|
The LL.M. course offered by SLRTCL consists of a Foundation Course of 4 papers and anyone Optional Group of 6 papers from Two Groups.
- Law and Social Transformation in India
- Indian Constitutional Law: New Challenges
- Judicial Process
- Legal Education and Research Methodology
Optional Groups (Anyone)
- Business Law
- Criminal Law and Criminal Administration
- Human Rights.
General Rules & Guidelines
- The medium of the LL.M. course is English only.
- Candidates will not be permitted to pursue the LL.M. degree course simultaneously with any other course of the University of Mumbai or any other recognized University.
- Candidates who have successfully kept terms for the First Semester will be eligible for the second semester irrespective of the result of the First Semester Examination.
- Candidates who have either passed all the papers of the First & Second Semesters or must have got an exemption in at least six papers of the First & Second Semesters will be eligible for admission to the Third & Fourth Semesters. Candidates who remain absent or fail in the Third Semester Practical Examination are required to pay only examination fees to become eligible to reappear for the Practical Examination.
- The final result shall not be declared unless a student passes all the Theory and Practical papers of the Third Semester examinations and the dissertation of the Fourth Semester.
- Every candidate shall be ordinarily allowed to keep terms for the given semester in a program of his enrolment, only if he/she fulfills at least 75% of the attendance taken as an average of the total number of lectures & practicals. Field visits/study tours organized by the college shall be credited to their attendance for the total number of periods that are otherwise delivered on the material days.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to have a minimum of 50% attendance for each course and an average overall attendance of 75%.